Youth Outlook seeks volunteers to help facilitate our drop-in centers in 7 sites across Northern Illinois (24 hours of training required). In addition, volunteers are needed to help with events and outreach. To apply to be a drop-in center volunteer, click apply now.
To participate in any of the below opportunities, email email@example.com.
- Attend an upcoming Volunteer Information Night at Bethel UCC in Elmhurst on 5/14/2019 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Assist with the Motorcycle Charity Ride on 5/18/2019, starting in St. Charles and finishing in Yorkville!
- Learn about ongoing, long-term volunteer opportunities as a member of a volunteer team
- Host a snack/water drive for the youth in our drop in centers
- Attend an upcoming one-hour mission tour at one of our drop in centers to learn more!
Join the Board
Join Youth Outlook’s Board of Directors and work with others to change hearts and minds and make our communities safe, inclusive, and accepting. Board members participate in fundraising, networking, marketing, media, legal compliance, development, human resources, and strategic planning. Board meetings are once a month, in the evenings, in Naperville. Orientation and training are provided.
Youth Outlook accepts interns for BSW and foundation level MSW placements from Aurora University and UIC. Interns must complete the volunteer application to be considered for an interview. In order to accrue needed hours on schedule, all interns are required to work a minimum of three evenings per week, 6-9 pm, at our drop-in center locations, Monday through Thursday, and must have reliable transportation to get to programs from DuPage to Whiteside County. Occasional afternoon hours are available, but incoming interns should plan on accruing the majority of required hours in the evenings.
Youth Outlook is small team of dedicated staff supported by a wonderful group of volunteers. We currently do not have any open staff positions.
More than half of Youth Outlook’s funding comes from individuals like you, so that we can provide our youth services at no cost. Youth Outlook does not accept any state or federal funding: our programs are made possible entirely by the support of the communities in which we operate.